Middle School Math Teacher
Opportunity Charter School – Harlem, NY
Indeed Hire, in partnership with Opportunity Charter School, is seeking a High School Math Teacher.
Belief in Every Student’s Promise
Opportunity Charter School (OCS) teachers are trained in cutting edge, research based methodology of evaluating academic strengths and weaknesses. To maximize each child’s personal development, an individualized education plan is created that is tailored to his or her unique needs. Students receive differentiated instruction in every curricular area, with the goal of expanding their higher cognitive thinking.
Performance Driven and Results Oriented
Our curriculum will prepare students to take the Regents and transition to college or a meaningful career. Our goal is for every student to graduate having achieved a clearly demonstrated academic and social foundation, as well as a deep understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses. Our teachers are responsible for the implementing OCS’s Common Core curriculum and assessing students in order to appropriately meet their academic needs, which is why we seek educators who are dedicated to improving their instructional practices by working critically and collaboratively with their colleagues.
- Plan and implement curriculum and create performance tasks aligned to the Common Core Standards.
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
- Use interim assessment data to enhance curriculum and inform instructional practices.
- Participate in professional learning communities, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions.
- Effectively manage all classes and treat students & families.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Have extensive content knowledge including how to differentiate, and level questioning.
- Revise and follow curriculum with care & consistency.
- Content specialist with a proven track record of successfully teaching students with disabilities.
- Passionate with drive and a strong work-ethic; Self-motivated and ambition to grow professionally.
- NY State certification in Science 7-12 preferred. NY State certification in Special Education preferred;
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Opportunity Charter offers a full benefits program, as well as, membership in Teachers’ Retirement System.
Job Type: Full-time
- Harlem, NY
- Education: 2 years
- teaching: 2 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- * NY State certification in Science 7-12
- NY State certification in Special Education