Metropolitan Solutions – Portsmouth, VA
Metropolitan Solutions is partnering with Indeed Hire!
- Laboratory Manager, with a degree in Chemistry, and a minimum of 10 years of laboratory experience, five years of management experience.
- Must possess knowledge of quality assurance procedures applicable to a laboratory, techniques and terminology; state and federal guidelines and regulations pertinent to laboratory safety and security; principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation; appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals; general rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical hazards.
- Candidate should demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects and support staff, have an understanding of state and federal regulations and technical writing, and excellent project organization with the ability to track and meet deadlines.
- Candidate should also possess experience in marketing and preparing contract proposals. Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as computer skills, are essential. Must be able to create charts and graphs using Microsoft Excel, and possess a basic knowledge of PowerPoint.
- NELAC and AIHA certification experience preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight of daily laboratory operation, including assignment of lab staff to duties and monitoring performance of testing in the field of chemistry. Review test results to ensure quality control.
- Purchases or directs purchase of laboratory equipment and supplies, maintains inventory and instrument maintenance.
- Coordinates and conducts education and training programs for personnel.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Develop and maintain appropriate control and quality assurance procedures; ensure compliance with current safety requirements; coordinate laboratory activities with other state and federal agencies and entities.
- Participate in long range planning and budgeting processes; project personnel and equipment needs; develop and monitor the laboratory budget; approve purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain current knowledge of advances in laboratory technology; federal and state regulations; attend seminars, lectures, meetings and professional conferences.
- Project management.
- Business and contract development. Responsible for marketing, division sales, and contract proposals.
- Staff management.
- Interface with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Drawing conclusions from scientific data and writing analytical reports.
Laboratory Manager Duties:
- Manage and produce all samples
- Achieve optimum production capacity in terms of samples per week and samples per man hour
- Maintain 0 injuries
- Maintain 100% QA compliance
- Proficient results on PT rounds
- Complete all QA procedures on time
- Obtain successful audit results when scheduled
- Maintain 100% success on turn-around times
- Implement and maintain Lims, Laboratory Information Management System
- Maintain equipment
- Strengthen ties to colleges and establish as our intern source
- Develop budget and adhere to the cost parameters
- Manage inventory
- Develop new methods
- To accommodate client requests
- To pursue new business opportunities
- Develop plan for bringing organics on line in 2017
- Develop plan to submit for CA accreditation
- Develop plan to submit for VA accreditation
- Strengthen coordination between lab and training
- Coordinate cross training between instructors and chemists
- Manage staff
- Professional development
- Attend local industry meetings
- Client interface. Meet all clients in their offices
- Serve as the general facility manager
- Be responsible for all regulatory relations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Portsmouth, VA
- Organic and Inorganic: 5 years
- laboratory: 10 years
- management: 5 years
Please email Erica firstname.lastname@example.org
With the following
Your Full name, Email, Phone number, and attached Resume,
Or call or text me at 757-303-8437