Product Marketing Manager / Product Manager
K2M, Inc. – Leesburg, VA
Indeed Hire is partnering with K2M, Inc. in the search for a Product Manager / Product Marketing Manager.
K2M Group Holdings, Inc. is a global medical device company focused on designing, developing and commercializing innovative complex spine and minimally invasive spine technologies and techniques used by spine surgeons to treat some of the most difficult and challenging spinal pathologies. K2M has leveraged these core competencies to bring to market an increasing number of products for patients suffering from degenerative spinal conditions. These technologies and techniques, in combination with a robust product pipeline, enables the company to favorably compete in the global spinal surgery market.
Plans, organizes, and controls an assigned product line from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Coordinates technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production specific to the family of spinal products and procedures.
- Establishes operational and project objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to project team. Directs and coordinates the activities of project team personnel (engineering, manufacturing, procurement, marketing and quality) to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs market analysis and product strategy development.Conducts surgeon and sales rep product and procedure training.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Produce competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key spine / neuro surgeons.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Identifies market potential, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales, introduces market, distribution/channel issues, and manages mature product through phase-out.
- Manages the development stage of the product life cycle. Responsible for ensuring that all customer requirements are met including the monitoring of test reports, documentation of instructions, etc.
- Defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and alternate distribution channels. Plan and manage trade show activities.
- 3 – 8 years’ experience in Product Management or equivalent AND Bachelor’s degree (technical/science based field or business preferred) OR 3-5 years’ experience in Product Management or equivalent plus Master’s degree in technical field (BioEngineering preferred) or MBA
- Spine, orthopedics, or medical device experience a plus
- Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills are essential
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
BA or BS; Master’s degree in technical field (BioEngineering preferred) or MBA preferred. Marketing concentration a plus.
K2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Device, Spine, or Ortho: 3 years
- Product Marketing Management: 3 years
Please email Erica firstname.lastname@example.org
With the following
Your Full name, Email, Phone number, and attached Resume,
Or call or text me at 757-303-8437