Quality Control Manager
NEST Fragrances – New York, NY
Indeed Hire is partnering with NEST Fragrances in the search for a Quality Control & Regulatory Manager. Based in their midtown Manhattan office this role will report to the Director of Product Development.
About NEST Fragrances
Founded by renowned fragrance expert Laura Slatkin, NEST Fragrances (NEST) is a leading lifestyle fragrance brand that designs and manufactures a wide assortment of scented products for the bath, body and home. Featuring a variety of exceptional personal care, home fragrance and fine fragrance collections, NEST combines chic packaging with exquisite fragrances specifically designed to enhance one’s everyday living and entertaining experience. Well-known for her impeccable sense of style, Laura Slatkin created NEST Fragrances for those who aspire to enrich their lives and environments with the essence of luxury, sophistication and beauty through fragrance.
The primary role of the Quality Control & Regulatory Manager is to oversee the Quality Control and Regulatory requirements across various categories of the Company including Home Fragrance, Fine Fragrance, and Personal Care. This individual will be focused on setting overall procedures and working in conjunction with various departments such as Product Development, Purchasing & Production, as well as customer service to ensure that NEST Fragrance products meet all quality standards, as well as overall business deliverables such as timing and costs. The Quality Control & Regulatory Manager must be a detail oriented problem solver, adept at managing risks and setting clear expectations with vendors and manufacturers to facilitate
production and ensure products are upheld by the highest standards. This position reports to the Director of Product Development, and works closely with cross functional members of the Product Development team, who are responsible for fragrance and formula development,
primary packaging, and secondary packaging.
- Direct, coordinate, plan and monitor the day-to-day quality control activities across fragrance, bulk, components and finished goods.
- Set overall company QC procedures and expectations, as well as SOPs for all major fill vendors and strategic raw material suppliers.
- Oversee all social compliancy and QC audits as requested by key clients and retailers.
- Trouble-shoot any/all QC issues as they arise across raw materials and finished goods. Manage and oversee root causes, costs, and corrective action plans to help ensure product supply.
- Prepare purchase orders for outside service provides and resolve issues with problem products from 2 suppliers by working through Purchasing and the supplier/vendor.
- Review all batch samples from labs for fragrances and bulk.
- Research and assess all independent QC and regulatory labs as required for various projects. Serve as the single point of contact for these labs.
- Serve as the single point of contact for all micro testing, pilot batch approvals, package compatibility testing, stability testing, and product testing. Keep meticulous records of all testing protocols, results, timelines, and any deviations from approved standards.
- Set up range boards for culling, red tag samples and product standards for the Company.
- Provide industry standard regulatory and compliancy guidelines for all packaging materials across various categories for both domestic and overseas markets.
- Provide support to Purchasing & Production by being present at fill vendors for first production runs of critical projects.
- Provide support to Sales and Marketing functions by providing technical feedback when QC issues arise.
- Provide formal reports, range boards, etc. to clients as needed.
- Develop master shippers for all programs/ship test as required.
- Set up templates with appropriate technical responses for addressing consumer complaints.
- Help create design briefs from a technical/regulatory standpoint.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in Manufacturing and/or the Supply Chain.
- Experience within the fragrance, beauty, home, or luxury industry preferred.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards, inspection processes, and how to execute corrective action plans.
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to problem solve through unexpected situations.
- Detail oriented with the ability to set up standard procedures/best practices for meeting Company deliverables.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to act with tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- A proactive team player who thrives in a goal-oriented, dynamic, ever-changing, fast-paced work environment while juggling multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and web-based applications. Ability to learn to work with new software and hardware.
- Knowledge of CRM and ERP principles and software.
NEST Fragrances is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of our people, products, and services. EOE/M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
- New York, NY
- Manufacturing: 3 years
- Quality Control: 2 years
- Product Development: 2 years
Please email Erica firstname.lastname@example.org
With the following
Your Full name, Email, Phone number, and attached Resume,
Or call or text me at 757-303-8437