C.R. England – Colton, CA
Indeed Hire is teaming up with C.R. England to hire a Reefer Tech !
At C.R. England, our most valuable asset is our people. Whether on the road, in our shops, or in our offices, our people make C.R. England a transportation industry leader. The diversity of our professionals drives us forward. We strongly believe each individual should have the support and opportunities they need to build a solid career. We provide. We live by the entrepreneurial and family spirit on which C.R. England was founded. We have opportunities for people of all backgrounds.
Our Reefer Technicians perform minor trailer and refrigeration repairs, PM inspections, electrical, and repair and replacement of damaged body parts including completing the appropriate paperwork/computer work.
Why join us:
Stability: The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy, making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 95 year-old leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second century.
Employee Value: 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.S.
Benefits: World class compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and development, and a team-oriented culture.
Work life balance: At C.R. England we value family both in our individual homes and our company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an environment to support both.
In this position you have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in the diesel mechanic world
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and perform preventative maintenance and repairs on refrigeration units and trailers, minor repairs on door seals, hardware, electrical, mud flaps, routine telematics repairs, and minor body work
- Work outdoors from a service truck to safely perform required inspection and repairs
- Inspect and repair components, including refrigeration unit for missing or loose body parts, loose belts, oil leaks/level, coolant leaks/level, perform a pre-trip diagnostic, fuel tank and brackets, and reefer shoot/bulkhead
- Read and follow electrical schematics and other technical literature
- Utilize computer system (Mechanic’s Work Station/TMT/TMW and internet) to accurately create, track, and complete work orders, including charging out parts, completing labor lines accurately, and describing the repairs completed
- Estimate required repair times
- Communicate with internal clients (i.e. other shop associates, Drivers, Driver Managers, other maintenance shops) on stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates
- Be willing and able to assist other technicians with reefer and trailer repairs
- Perform proper safety protocols and procedures, including use of protective equipment, and maintain a safe work area in accordance with company policy
- Ability to diagnose and repair unit per alarm codes
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Must be.
- Technical reading aptitude (i.e. electronic service bulletins; repair manuals).
- Basic soldering/welding skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge relative to the importance of diagnosis and repair versus parts replacement.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to provide own tools.
- A High School Diploma, or GED is required
- A minimum of two years prior experience in Mechanical Refrigeration field, or an equivalent combination of formal/technical education and directly related experience is required
- 608 certification is required
- Successful candidates must be18 years of age or older, with a valid driver’s license
- Experience with Thermo King product is preferred
- Class A License is preferred
- Colton, CA
- High school or equivalent
- Technical reading aptitude (i.e. electronic service bulletins; repair manuals: 2 years
- A minimum of two years prior experience in Mechanical Refrigeration field: 3 years
Required licenses or certifications:
- 608 certification is required
- Class A CDL
Please email Erica firstname.lastname@example.org
With the following
Your Full name, Email, Phone number, and attached Resume,
Or call or text me at 757-303-8437