Lead Electronic System Alarm Tester
Ark Systems – Ocean City, MD
Indeed Hire is partnering with Ark Systems
General Purpose of the Position:
This position is responsible for the inspection and testing of electronic alarm systems. This position also supervises the Assistant Tester’s duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tests electronic alarm systems consisting of fire, security, access, etc. (i.e., test flow switches, tamper valves, low temp devices, smoke detectors, duct detectors, pull stations, fire doors, heat detectors, annunciators, hi-low air switches, communicators, fire and security alarm control panels, etc.).
- Generates electronic and paper documentation for the purpose of system certification in a timely, efficient manner. This includes preparing work orders, deficiency reports, check-lists, and certification reports.
- Responsible to report required vehicle maintenance.
- Responsible for truck inventory control.
- Communicates with ARK team members to effectively pursue company goals of certifying alarm systems according to acceptable standards and practices.
- Presents themselves in a positive, professional manner and per company policy.
- Communicates with customer concerning the importance, operation and status of their fire alarm system.
- Supervises Assistant Tester to ensure proper certification of the fire alarm system.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Performs minor repairs of the above-referenced equipment.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to obtain a Maryland and Virginia security technician license.
- Must obtain NICET Level II certification within fifteen (15) months of employment. Must schedule first test within first three months after being hired for the position.
- Must have knowledge of NFPA alarm system requirements and have the ability to interpret code books and handbooks.
- Must have customer relations experience and skills.
- Field electronic practical experience required.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to train the Assistant Testers as necessary.
- Must have a positive and respectful attitude and maintain good working relationships with management staff and employees.
- Must maintain good driving record (insurable through our insurance carrier) for driving to/from job sites.
- Proficient with personal computer operations including knowledge in word processing (Word & Excel).
- Must be detail oriented.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- Familiar with various alarm systems, test equipment, communications equipment.
Education and Experience Required:
- Requires an AA degree in electronics, technical school equivalent, or equivalent related industry experience. Basic computer literacy required including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- $23/hr + depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ocean City, MD
- Alarm System Testing: 1 year
Please email Erica email@example.com
With the following
Your Full name, Email, Phone number, and attached Resume,
Or call or text me at 757-303-8437