Corporate Partnership Accountant
Harbor Group – Norfolk, VA
Indeed Hire is in partnership with Harbor Group to locate a Corporate Partnership Accountant for their corporate office. Harbor Group Management Company is an established real estate investment/property management company headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with approximately $4 billion in assets in multifamily residential, commercial, and retail properties throughout the United States and abroad.
Job Summary: Responsible for maintaining the accounting records for the corporate entities, and working together with other members of the accounting department to produce a monthly financial package. The successful candidate will have experience working with corporations’ general ledgers, audit preparation, is self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Posting ongoing Journal Entries to all corporate General Ledgers.
- Preparing bank reconciliations for multiple corporate entities and ensuring that reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Participating in the review process of partnership distributions.
- Performing variance analysis between budget and actual numbers.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting schedules for corporate entities.
- Working with external CPAs to prepare annual audits, tax returns, compilations, and some quarterly reviews for corporate entities.
- Maintaining fixed asset files for corporate entities.
- Assisting other members of the accounting department with special projects as needed.
- Assisting with the preparation of the yearly budget for corporate entities
- BS degree in Accounting or equivalent is required
- 5-7 years accounting experience required
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook & PowerPoint; very strong Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Previous experience with MRI, Yardi, and/or other accounting systems is preferred
- Valid driver’s license is required
- CPA, or in procoess of obtaining CPA is preferred
- Norfolk, VA
- Accounting: 5 years
- Public Accounting: 1 year
- Yardi: 1 year
- MRI: 1 year
- Real Estate Industry: 1 year
Required license or certification: