Building Automation Engineer
Indeed Hire in partnership with W.J. O’Neil Company – Livonia, MI
Indeed Hire in partnership with W.J. O’Neil Company is seeking a Building Automation Engineer for their Livonia, MI location.
WJ O’Neil Company brings 30 years of mechanical service expertise to facilities managers. This role will be a part of the controls division and the ideal candidate will take a commercial temperature control project from concept to completion.
- Accepting the project after it is sold
- Taking the design and applying application engineering to select the required control product hardware, interface devices and other components
- Draw wiring and installation diagrams in Microsoft Visio
- Package drawings and device info for a submittal package to project engineer
- Understand valves, dampers, actuators and sensors to be able to select and order the correct devices for the project
- Take sequence of operation for equipment and develop programming for the control system
- Be able to install programming and properly test and commission equipment to guarantee proper operation
- Develop intuitively, aesthetically pleasing graphical User Interfaces, usually Web-based.
- Be able to manage sub-contractors, customers, cost control, scope, etc.
- Knowledge of control hardware and software from Distech, Tridium, JCI & Circon
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Strong programming skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- IT knowledge is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Tridium: 3 years
- Automation: 5 years