Huntington Reproductive Center – Newport Beach, CA
Huntington Reproductive Center and Indeed Hire have partnered together in a search for a Senior Embryologist for their Newport Beach, CA location.
Our IVF lab is looking to add to its current embryology team. We are looking to add an experienced, fully-trained embryologist who has a thorough knowledge of assisted reproduction and can perform a wide array of embryological techniques including oocyte identification/grading, semen preparations, pronuclear evaluation, embryo evaluation, embryo transfer, embryo freezing and advanced micromanipulation (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD), Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)).
- Perform ART techniques as required including: human oocyte micromanipulation, assisted hatching, embryo transfer, retrieval of human oocytes, denuding human oocytes, assessing fertilization status of human embryos, cryopreservation of embryos, thawing of embryos, insemination of human oocytes, and sperm preparation.
- Conduct advanced micromanipulation (ICSI, embryo biopsy)
- Oversight and management of PGD patients for the laboratory
- Complete and maintain detailed paperwork for all laboratory procedures.
- Daily and weekly quality control monitoring. Requires close monitoring of quality related issues which a PGD specialist would be expected to evaluate and propose actions when issues arise.
- Maintenance of equipment. Thorough understanding of the equipment and the ability to problem solve during malfunctions is required.
- Media preparation for all laboratory procedures.
- Order and stock all laboratory supplies.
- Train new staff as requested.
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures (semen analysis and IUI preps) for Andrology Service.
- Maintenance of program statistics.
- Assist with laboratory preparedness for CAP.
- Other duties as required by the Lab Director and/or IVF Director.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to follow protocols and function well under pressure.
- Must be proficient at identifying and organizing necessary tasks.
- Must be able to function as a member of the laboratory team.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field.
- 7 plus years experience
- Proficient in PGD
Job Type: Full-time