Indeed Hire in partnership with the Greater Lawrence Family Health Center is seeking to fill an exciting role for a Bilingual RN/LPN.
Description: Established in 1980, the Greater Lawrence Family Health Center, Inc. (GLFHC) is a multi-site, mission-driven, non-profit organization employing over 600 staff whose primary focus is providing the highest quality patient care to a culturally diverse population throughout the Merrimack Valley. Nationally recognized as a leader in community medicine (family practice, pediatrics, internal medicine, and geriatrics), GLFHC has clinical sites throughout the service area and is the sponsoring organization for the Lawrence Family Medicine Residency program. GLFHC is currently seeking energetic, service-oriented, bi-lingual (Spanish/English) Nurses to provide the highest quality care to our patients.
Scope of Duties:
- Has excellent assessment skills and is able to perform triage on walk-in patients using available guidelines and asking for assistance when needed.
- Safely administers and accurately documents immunizations and medications. Is able to perform nursing procedures. This includes IV insertion after training and validation
- Reviews lab results as they come in and determines need for immediate notice to a provider for action. Makes note of any action taken by nurse. When requested by provider will call patient to tell them results or to request a repeat of a test. Sends reports to Medical Records for filing when paper record is not available.
- Determine potential equipment needs for clinician visit and sets up exam rooms accordingly. Assist with treatments, dressings and other tasks.
- Recognizes and takes immediate action in crisis situations; both patient and environmental and demonstrates ability to think clearly and logically. Immediately reports any medication variance to clinician, nursing supervisor and completes incident report within 24 hours.
- Demonstrates good time-management skills and proactively seeks quality improvement activities related to individual, team and organizational performance improvement. Continually ensures efficient patient flow.
- Acts as a leader in emergency situations directing patients and other staff.
- Is aware and follows OSHA standards, including those for Blood Borne Pathogens, at all times. Identifies potential safety hazards and takes action to remedy these situations.
- Provides patient education both written and verbal that will assist in maintaining optimal health and wellness. Documents education provided and patient/family response in patient record.
- Listens and responds to verbal and non-verbal communication of patients, families and staff members. Relates to patients in a non-judgmental and caring manner. Assists providers in communication with patients, including medical interpretation/ translation as needed.
- MUST be bilingual (English / Spanish)
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Massachusetts License in Registered or Practical Nursing
- Current BLS certification
GLFHC offers a setting that’s flexible, rewarding and challenging. If you want to make an impact to the community we serve, apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
Required licenses or certifications:
- Registered Nurse (RN)