Fiesta Restaurant Group – Addison, TX
Indeed Hire is partnering with Fiesta Restaurant Group in the search for a Restaurant Accountant in Addison, TX.
Restaurant Accountant Summary
Apply principles of accounting to analyze and reconcile financial information. Act as the liaison between restaurant operators and the corporate office. The position requires the ability to process high volumes of financial information to identify errors, missing data, process discrepancies and other areas of opportunity.
Restaurant Accountant Responsibilities:
- Daily restaurant data analysis and cleansing through a set of business rule procedures.
- Ensuring the accurate General Ledger posting and reporting of sales daily, weekly and at month-end.
- Month End analysis and reconciliation of restaurant level P&L accounts. Must be able to quickly and accurately research variances and take appropriate corrective action.
- Research inventory item discrepancies daily to ensure perpetual inventory and theoretical COGS is represented accurately.
- Manage Menu Item Recipe database. Work with the Purchasing Department menu item costing is current and accurate.
- Clear business rule error messages daily, as they relate to Sales, Cash and Inventory Item data polled from all restaurants.
- Manage electronic invoice set-up, receipt and processing
- Ensure the Restaurant Product Mix information is accurate. Follows up on issues that arise through the PMIX retrieval process.
- Work with Operations Leadership to address areas of opportunity. Provide actionable financial information that has meaning and is useful to the Restaurant Operators.
- Support quarterly review and annual audits for both internal and external auditors.
- Assist Cash Accountant with reconciliations as required
- Cover responsibilities of other staff members when he/she is out of the office
- Perform other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
- 2+ years experience in an accounting department desired
- 1 to 2 years of multi unit, high volume Staff Accounting required
- Experience with cost accounting preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Must have the ability to express ideas persuasively and clearly
- Must be able to communicate with different levels of Management and outside service providers (i.e. Restaurant Managers, Regional Directors and Vendor Representatives)
- Strong account reconciliation background required
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must have the ability to organize and present material
Job Type: Full-time
- Cost Accounting: 2 years
- Accounting: 2 years
- Multi Unit Accounting: 2 years
- Restaurant/Retail Accounting: 2 years