Indeed Hire is partnering with Delaware North in search of a qualified Assistant General Manager!
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit http://www.delawarenorth.com
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Louis Armstrong /New Orleans International Airport is located approximately 8 miles from downtown New Orleans. There are nearly 135 flights per day that go to over 35 different cities. Delaware North has introduced several popular local restaurant concepts at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport in recent years. Among the additions with a decidedly New Orleans taste are Copeland’s Cheesecake Scoop Café, Copeland’s Gourmet Kitchen, Dooky Chase, Le Petit Bistro, PJ’s Coffee, WOW Café & Wingery!,Ye Olde College Inn and Zatarain’s Kitchen – a New Orleans staple for more than 120 years
Do you love meeting new people every day and thrive in a fast pace environment? Are you a strong, hands-on leader with multi-unit hospitality experience who is strategic, innovative and a great motivator? Then come join Delaware North Travel Hospitality where you can be part of all the excitement at one of our airport locations!
As the Assistant General Manager at one of our airport operations, your success will be evaluated on these critical areas.
- Strategic Leadership & Execution
- Leading/Managing through High-Performance Teaming
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Driving for Results
- Developing Talent
- Innovation and Creativity
The Assistant General Manager will assist the Airport General Manager in profitably managing all aspects of the operation all including food & beverage locations at the airport.
Specific duties include:
- Assist in establishing and implementing current and long range objectives, plans & policies, capital plans, operational plans, and budget.
- Build and maintain stronger relationships with license partners and maintain brand compliance
- Build and maintain positive customer and client relations by providing efficient, quality services and products, and continue to grow our footprint within the airport community
- Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of unit management and oversee supervision of associates.
- Train employees in company policy and procedures, including GuestPath, and ensure quality performance.
- Oversee the recommendation and establishment of prices and portions for products and services within approved profit plan.
- Responsible for opening and closing of all THS concepts.
- Verify and prepare reports as required and provide and administer an effective system for cash, inventory, and payroll.
- Maintain proper implementation of sanitation procedures, conduct inspections and ensure proper repair and maintenance of food service equipment.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding liquor, sanitation, payroll, employment and EEO.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of high volume, food, and beverage management experience managing multi-units environment.
- Union experience strongly preferred.
- Must have strong commitment to customer and client service.
- Strong managerial skills required; demonstrated initiative, leadership and team building skills are essential.
- Experience within the airport industry and with branded concepts is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multi Unit Restaurant Management: 8 years
- Restaurant District Management: 1 year